Thursday, 4 June 2015

Selfie Sticks? Thumbs up? or Down?

Selfies are one of the most popular thing in our society. Selfies are pictures of yourself you post on any social networking websites. Everyone takes selfies, it can just be one with you or with your friends. Selfies are becoming popular because when you post a picture of yourself on the internet, like Instagram many people can see it and like it. I find selfies as something people can keep as a memory with their family and friends.


An addition of the selfie would be the selfie stick. The selfie stick has become really famous

in our society, and it seems to be taking off really well. Everyone seems to be enjoying it. It is also a great way to take pictures of you and your group of friends with a nice background since now you can extend the phone camera a bit further. However, just like how anything becomes famous, many problems will start happening. In some countries, they have banned this simple invention in some places. How can they ban something that doesn't seem like it won't do anything? Well the places the banned selfie sticks are in museums and tourist sits due to safety reasons. On one side, I understand where they are coming from since they do not want to take the risk of people breaking the things because they put the stick too far and it accidentally broke something. I suppose this might be the reason why, since they were never clear on the reason. What I think about selfie sticks are that they are pretty cool and they shouldn't be banned. I think it can become handle to many people when they want to take a selfie, but they want it further than an arm's length to maybe include more people. I don't really see the selfie stick as a risk to anyone, but then again maybe some people do not want to take the chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment